- Check Pix4DCapture version, version 4.4 is requested.
To check the Pix4Dcapture App version, please Go to the Home screen and tap “SETTINGS > About”
- To check if “CTRL + Parrot 2” App has been installed
- Verify that FreeFlight 6 app is not running in the background at the same time.
- If yes, close Freeflight 6 App
- If problem remains, force quit Pix4Dcapture App
- Then run “Ctrl+Parrot 2”App first and open Pix4Dcapture from the plugin (always in this order).
If it persists, restart the mission from scratch:
- Force quit Pix4Dcapture.
- Unplug the cable between the mobile device and the remote controller.
- Turn off the remote controller and the drone.
- Turn on the drone and the remote controller.
- Plug the cable between the mobile device and the remote controller.
- Run “Ctrl+Parrot 2” and then Pix4Dcapture.
Verify with FreeFlight 6 App:
- Check firmware version:
- Current ANAFi version is : 1.2.1 (November 2018)
- Current Skycontroller 3 version is : 1.2.0 (November 2018)
- Check if calibration Gimball camera are calibrated.
- No setting prevents the mission to be performed (geofence, etc.)
- Check if there is a stable connection as well as the ability
- To take off and fly manually
- Get the video feed of the camera
- Take pictures.
- Try another mobile device using the same OS or/and try to use Pix4Dcapture on iOS, if possible.
- Try another USB cable, if any doubt.
- Remove data, change, or format the SD card, if applicable.
- Reinstall Pix4Dcapture App.
The two procedures below may imply data loss so we recommend to make a backup if there are important data saved.
Connect the mobile device and copy the Pix4D folder (Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D) to your computer.
Option 1: Clear data and clear cache memory of the application
- Open the Settings application on the Android device.
- Scroll the list and tap Apps, Applications or Manage apps.
- (optional) On certain devices like Samsung, tap Application Manager.
- Scroll the list to find the application.
- From the list, tap Storage.
- Tap CLEAR DATA and CLEAR CACHE.
Option 2 : Re-install Ctrl+Plugin and Pix4Dcapture from scratch
- Uninstall Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+Plugin.
- Connect the device to a computer and navigate to Local Storage > Device storage > Pix4D.
- Delete the content of all folders.
- Delete the Pix4D folder.
- Re-install the latest version of Pix4Dcapture and Ctrl+Plugin.
- (optional) Place the backup content back into the Pix4D folder to restore data.